By WGPNG on February 5, 2014 in Cooking & Recipes
10,654 total views, 1 views today
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs water
- 500g pork scotch fillet, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- Oil, to fry
- Steamed rice, shallots and coriander leaves, to serve
Sweet & Sour sauce
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 425g can pineapple pieces in natural juices, drained
- For the sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the capsicum, carrot and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and 1 cup (250ml) water until sugar dissolves. Combine the corn flour and 2 tbs water. Add to the pan and whisk until it comes to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple. Set aside.
- Combine the corn flour, plain flour, salt, eggs and 2 tbs water. Coat half the pork in the batter. Carefully deep fry in hot oil for 3-4 minutes until golden. Repeat.
- Combine pork and sauce. Serve with rice, shallots and coriander.