By WGPNG on December 4, 2013 in Cooking & Recipes
11,409 total views, 6 views today
Get in the spirit of Christmas with this great recipe from Zenag!
- 5 Zenag eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) sultana
- 1 cup (150g) dried currants
- 3/4 cup (120g) mixed peel
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rum or orange juice (optional)
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 4 cups (280g) stale breadcrumbs
- Combine fruit, rind juice and rum (optional) in large bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; store in a cool, dark place overnight or up to a week, stirring everyday.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl electric mixer just until combined.
- Beat in the Zenag eggs, one at a time, just until combined between each condition.
- Add butter mixture to fruit mixture the sifted dry ingredients and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- When combined, turn into a Greased medium size or 10 cup pudding bowl or basin, lined on base and heavy foil, tie securely.
- Fill large boiler three-quarters full of hot water, cover and bring to the boil.
- Have ready 2.5m of kitchen string to hang the pudding into a saucepan.
- Lower into a pan of boiling water, put lid on and steam steadily for 5 hours.
- Reheat for 1 1/2 – 2 hours when needed
For more Zenag Recipes email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org