By WGPNG on October 14, 2013 in Cooking & Recipes
2,887 total views, 1 views today
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 pork chops (250g each)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 red Pawpaw (500g), cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 440g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine garlic, olive oil, sugar and in a small bowl to form a paste. Season chops and coat in the paste. Preheat barbecue or Pan to medium high.
- For the Pawpaw Marindae: Combine the shallots, chilli, lime zest and juice, pawpaw, coriander, beans and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Season well.
- Grill chops for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through – watch them carefully as they easily burn.
- Keep warm, resting for 2 minutes, then serve with the Pawpaw Marinade & a serving with rice or Salad