By WGPNG on February 5, 2014 in Cooking & Recipes
10,532 total views, 1 views today
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 450g good-quality dark chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tbs good-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sugar flowers (optional), to decorate (see note)
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line an 18-hole patty pan with paper cases.
- Stir cream and chocolate in a pan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Place eggs and sugar in bowl of an electric mixer, and beat on high until pale and doubled in volume. Slowly beat in chocolate mixture.
- Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder, then stir with a metal spoon to combine.
- Divide mixture among cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in pans, then remove cakes from cases.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water). Stir until chocolate has melted
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly. Serve cakes topped with sauce. Decorate with flowers if using.